Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I believe something should be done to protect citizens from gun violence, I am not sure what the answer is though.

The problem is that stricter gun laws are NOT effective and once the anti-gun groups get a foot-hold they will not let go and it won't be long before ALL guns are illegal. That is why there is such a fight on both sides when new gun laws are introduced, it's the give-an-inch and take-a-mile mentality that we have to guard against.

Maybe if there was more of a give and take relationship, then something may get accomplished. Free up the ownership [and carry] of "acceptable" firearms and we would gladly give up purchasing "unacceptable" firearms. I would trade all my high capacity magazines for [returning] my right to carry a five or six shot weapon on my person.

I do not believe any normal citizen has a need for high capacity magazines, and certainly the reduction in the amount of rounds a weapon can carry will reduce the number of victims in these horrific situations. But I'll be damned if I will willing vote for that reduction when I know that it will just be a stepping stone to further restrictions and eventually lead to the outlawing of ALL firearms.
I'm with you. My personal opinion is that we need to stop solving problems with knee-jerk reactions, do more thinking, and use more common sense. There needs to be higher standards.

When anyone can walk into my kid's school without an administrator or employee screening them, we are asking for trouble. There is no common sense, and that is the core issue - at least in my neck of the woods.

Around my neck of the woods we don't need tighter restrictions here per se, we need people to get their heads out of their asses. Next time I visit for a conference I am going to let them know exactly how I feel.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote