Thread: New gun laws
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I believe something should be done to protect citizens from gun violence, I am not sure what the answer is though.

The problem is that stricter gun laws are NOT effective and once the anti-gun groups get a foot-hold they will not let go and it won't be long before ALL guns are illegal. That is why there is such a fight on both sides when new gun laws are introduced, it's the give-an-inch and take-a-mile mentality that we have to guard against.

Maybe if there was more of a give and take relationship, then something may get accomplished. Free up the ownership [and carry] of "acceptable" firearms and we would gladly give up purchasing "unacceptable" firearms. I would trade all my high capacity magazines for [returning] my right to carry a five or six shot weapon on my person.

I do not believe any normal citizen has a need for high capacity magazines, and certainly the reduction in the amount of rounds a weapon can carry will reduce the number of victims in these horrific situations. But I'll be damned if I will willing vote for that reduction when I know that it will just be a stepping stone to further restrictions and eventually lead to the outlawing of ALL firearms.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote