View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think certain people could handle it, especially younger guys. The biggest DONMs days for me would be Monday and Wednesday. I'm wondering how it would work on a MWF, instead of 4 day per week.
i was thinking of possibly seperating day 3 and 4, making it 8 day program, instead of 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i like it and i don't like it..........

i like it for the reason of really focusing on building real power on the selected lift whether it be bench, deads, or squats but..........

i don't like it cause i think it could drain you and you would neglect other body parts and could develop some bad habits of neglect to those parts that could stick with you. and for a young guy that could be a major setback.
to have a decent total, i really need to get my bench up. its very weak compared to my other lifts. i was thinking on getting this up with smolov jr and then after 2 weeks, run smolov jr for front squats to help deads and back squat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This makes me wonder if adding a squat and deadlift day on off days is advised/possible...
i planned to. i was thinking of doing blast your bench, similar to this. on that program you still squat, but just try to maintain it, rather than really push for numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like this answer.

"K"

I understand that you want to get your bench numbers better. I think that right now you would be better served to stick with an all round balanced program and just focus on progression.

You need to concentrate on some overhead pressing, in addition to your benching. DELTOIDS!! You need some serious shoulder power to have a good bench. Build a program utilizing the 4 main big compounds. Squat, deads, bench, and pressing. Pair them up thus:

Squat, bench
Deads, Pressing

Add some assistance work, and go after it 3x a week. Keep adding weight and you will get your numbers up. The smolov is not what you need right now. IMO. Keep it simple, and just keep hitting it.

You had mentioned that you had been neglecting heavy shoulder work. Thats were you bench numbers are hiding. I hit my best bench numbers and I didn't bench, I did heavy delt work.
i agree, i do really need to work on this. im trying to come up with a long term program, based of ideas of C&P, where i have about an 8 day cycle.

i really want to work on this, but i still wouldnt mind benching 225 very soon.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)