View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I came back from no-training for a year in 2006. I tried to do a little too much and ripped my hamstring and took 3-4 years to recover from that. So I understand the desire to rebuild slowly. I didn't mean to put your efforts down.

Ultimately I don't think it's healthy to concentrate on the details especially as you come back. So my go-to response to your question would be, does it really matter? Just focus on small, gradual weight increases. Stick to high reps and lift often but keep some in the tank. You'll be fine, just as long as you avoid doing anything crazy while coming back from inactivity.
Yep! You may have to basically consider yourself a "new" beginner whether you like it or not, especially if the body is deconditioned either in the lifting or cardio area all dependant on how long it has been since you lifted last. Safer than sorry, is the best bet, and it never takes long to rebuild which is great.