SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

While I certainly, see your point on the need to shut up and train; you, come off as rather condescending. You do not own the gym and you do not have the right to dictate what anyone's training routine is, other than your own.

- 2 -Hour training sessions may not be the norm but in many cases, they suit the training needs (there are those words again) of many lifters.
I myself do a full body routine, which usually includes 15 mins of cardio and at least 5 sets of 5 exercises. Those alone make up for at least 25 minutes assuming only one minute between each set and not counting the actual rep time. Already, our time would be at 40 minutes plus. (Closer to 60 with warm ups). Add in some conditioning and / or abs work and 1.5 to 1.75 hours is not really a stretch.

-This does not account for extended rest periods, stop pause reps, time legitimately waiting on equipment, etc... Contrary to what Mentzer said, it is not always possible to blast it all away in 45 minutes or less.

I agree less time on phones (I actually think cells should be against the rules in most settings barring emergencies but...) and more time under the bar. BUT- that does not mean there cannot be camaraderie and social aspect to training time- this ain't prison (for most of us, anyway).

If you cannot interact with at least one or two people on occasion - you may want to evaluate your social skills.(Or lack, thereof)

That does not mean have a 40-minute chat fest but a few minutes between sets is probably not going to hurt the average trainer.

Just one man's humble opinion.