View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I have to admit, on the few occasions I've been to an actual gym (fitness centre) or outside it waiting on a film to start, I have seen a group of guys chatting at the dumbbell station for well over 45 minutes, I was astounded, mainly because it seemed pretty pointless their going there at all.

I've also seen a female on the treadmill, on her mobile, not sure how she does that without falling off yet again a stupid endeavour.

I think I took my mobile in once, switched on, but only because I didn't know whether I would get a call from the hospital about hubby being transferred or worse; went in, did my 20-30 minute session, even asked the staff to let me know when the 1/2 hour was up, in case I overlooked it, and then went off to visiting time at the hospital.

The problem with time is, it flies by quickly when you're not aware of it which is something a lot of people don't realise, and 1 minute can easily turn in to 10 minutes, if you're not paying attention. I do agree, on that score, that if people approached me during a workout, just for a chat, I would not be a happy bunny and would be eager to get back to the barbell.