The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Rest timing very much so depends on training style. I compete in Strongman. I have a full power meet coming up in February. Short rest times are useful for reps, but maximal effort singles need plenty of rest between them. This isn't about conditioning, I feel ready to go in 75 seconds or less, but my Central Nervous System won't have recovered to the point where that sort of weight can be used again.

Since this is aimed at beginners, and I can only assume also aimed at people who are exclusively into increasing sex appeal (I won't call it bodybuilding unless they are going to step on stage) I can see some of your points. Here's the thing. This sounds more like a pet peeve list than an article to help people. You want to help beginners? Here's some tips.

Get your form straight before you go heavy
Progression in key - add weight or reps when you can
Don't get greedy - this is a long game. Adding too much too soon can leave you injured
Eat. Adjust as needed.
Focus. Gym time is work time. Socialization is fine, but spend time under the bar.
Don't buffet train - You don't need to hit your biceps from 8 different angles, you need to get your primary lifts up.
Get brutally strong - your chest isn't impressed with 15 pound flyes. Get your lifts up and good things will happen.
Have fun - if you hate your time in the gym, you aren't likely to make much progress.