View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
FrankieTowers
Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats, Deadlifts
FrankieTowers is off to a good startFrankieTowers is off to a good startFrankieTowers is off to a good start
Default Too much time in the gym is destroying your results

Hey!

A big mistake I see many beginners make is spending too much time in the gym. I used to do it myself. But that is one big mistake.

If you spend 2 hours or more in the gym, it's very likely that you are doing something wrong.

There are a few things to avoid in order to make sure you are not wasting your time in the gym:

1- The gym is not the place to make friends. If you go to the gym with the thought of making new friends, you don't have the right mindset in place. You have to go to the gym thinking you only go there to train hard and go out as soon as you are done.

If you waste time talking to your partners or the people you meet there, you are not going to see the results you expect to have.

2- Do not get distracted too much between series and exercises. I see many guys going one set and then they go walking and talking for 5 minutes and then come back. Come on! You need an intense workout and getting distracted too much like that is not helping at all. The same goes to the time you rest between exercises.

3- Leave your phone at home or in your car. This annoys me so much! I once had a partner that talked on the phone on every single workout. I didn't wait for him to hang up the phone... I just continued my workout just like I was supposed to and when I was done he was still talking on the phone. I quit working out with him after 1 week of seeing the same thing from him.

Please! Leave your phone at home or just leave it in your car or gym locker. It also gets annoying when someone is talking on the phone and lying down on a bench!

If you talk on the phone at the gym, please stop! It's not getting you any results and you are annoying people. Seriously!

4- Stop talking! There's so many people that talk so much in the gym. The worst part is when a group of 3 to 5 people gather to talk around a bench or machine you are about to use.

There was one time when I asked a group of these guys if they came to train their tongues or some other muscle... They stopped talking almost instantly

Avoid these 4 things and your workout will be much more productive and you will be less annoying haha! Seriously... Follow these 4 advices and you will see much better results in no time.

I hope it helps.

Frankie Towers

Last edited by FrankieTowers; 12-17-2012 at 04:27 PM.
FrankieTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links