View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Legosinmyegos
Brawn
Points: 1,553, Level: 22 Points: 1,553, Level: 22 Points: 1,553, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Legosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good posts

While I understand that a lot of people don't consider someone a powerlifter until they have competed, I honestly don't share the same viewpoint. I don't see how paying an organization $100 to have 3 people judge me gives me the right to call myself something I can't call myself now. I love the sport of powerlifting, and one day, when I feel I am ready, I will begin to compete. I just don't feel like the merit of the information I provide should depend on having registered and given money to a federation.

Having said that, you're right, I don't have any experience weigh ins, mind set during meets, and what to do AT a meet, and hence, I won't touch those topics when I make videos.

I am really looking more to explain to people how to choose accessories, gauge their work capacity, eventually design their own programs based on their own needs, and just imprint a strong foundation of the important concepts of powerlifting like periodization, supercompensation, stress microcycles, dynamic efforts, etc....

I have made at least 3 bench programs, the one that BendTheBar put up on this site is here http://muscleandbrawn.com/lime-bench-press-workout/

And I have a youtube video explaining that one

vids of my lifts
http://www.youtube.com/user/Andrew405squat?feature=mhum

Last edited by Legosinmyegos; 12-12-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Legosinmyegos is offline   Reply With Quote