View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

I hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings. That article is directed towards the guy that wants what I would call a more "advanced physique". That definition is going to vary for each individual. If you dont want that then its not for you.

Lifter "A" is 200 pounds with visible abs and he may want to be 230 pounds in the same condition. Lifter "B" is 165 pounds with visible abs, he may want to be 185 in the same condition. My opinion is that the only way thats going to happen in a timely manner without a boatload of drugs or great genetics is for them to gain weight and get stronger. The increased workload and calories will build muscle mass and you will gain some fat. Once the muscle is built, then trim away the fat and "voila". Its no breakthrough but what I run into is these guys are not willing to do that. They are afraid they will lose their "abs" instead of realizing its a process and that if there patient, they can have their "abs" and the muscle mass too.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote