View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I would say it is on the border as to crossing into control.. However, many teams already have an in-place, accepted rule that prohibit most players from riding motorcycles; based on the liklihood that a crash may happen, and the "property" may be damaged, therefore unable to fulfill a contractual obligation.

Example: Jason Williams, former NBA star. Graduated Duke with very high expectations, was also a very experienced rider. Did a few dumb things on the bike, jacked up his knee, no longer plays. What happens to the team that drafted him? Do they get a free pick next year? Does he pay them to not play? Nada. They can ask for a supplemental pick, which generally is a sucky spot to pick from, but that still isn't guaranteed.
Yeah, I've never heard of that due to not knowing about NFL but I have heard similar instances with athletes that are not permitted to do set activities because of possible injury; even actors have similar contractual agreements, hubby metioned one that wasn't permitted to do certain stuff outside of acting for insurance reasons...I just asked him who it was but he can't remember, at present.