Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I think the key is prevention. Drunk drivers simply are not usually able to think of the consequences of their actions. I know there are several programs in place, especially during the holidays. One of them is a volunteer group who will drive the drinker home in his/her own vehicle. The thing is tho it has to be reserved in advance. If people know they are going to be drinking away from home, they have to plan to get home safely & legally before they drink.

Just recently, the law changed here and anyone caught driving with a blood alcohol level of even under .08 will have their car seized on the spot and license suspended for aperiod of time.

Personally, I despise booze. Both my parents were alcoholcs and drove drunk with us kids in the car several times. Even after Mom quit and then became an AA sponser, I saw firsthand hundreds and hundreds of lives and families that booze destroyed. My best friend's dad committed suicide with a bottle in his hand soon after I left the house after playing with my friend. He was an alcoholic my mom was trying to help.

I know many people enjoy drinking responsibly and I applaud them for it. It's just that the damn stuff is so f*cking addictive. It's like a potato chip - you just can't stop at 1.

Just my 2 cents on a very emotional topic for me. Every day I thank the lord that none of us 3 kids became alcoholics. It is the 1 think Mom was most proud of.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote