Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBB View Post
From what I've read rather than my opinion, as I've never actually trained Westside style, one of the things that makes Westside programming possibly not optimal is there may be too much focus on DE work and that the DE work is at too low a percentage to be particularly effective.

My training is based on Mike Tuchscherer's RTS. I know he feels that speed work isn't particularly useful for powerlifters, that it is only useful as a short term method for someone who is specifically deficient in that area and that it should ideally be done at 75-80%.
Just in the last few weeks I went from 50-60% and am now doing around 70% and I love it.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote