MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I am conflicted on this. I don't believe anyone should be bashing anyone at any time. Certainly not anyone who is so obviously committed and successful in the sport. Bashing is counter productive and makes the situation worse. Nobody wins when the spitting at each other takes over honest conversation.

That said, I wish their was some sort of organization to powerlifting so that it follows a more predictable pattern from novice on up to whatever level. Sort of like tiers of development.

You're a raw lifter until 1000-1300 depending on your size, then go for gear and drugs and compete against similar minded people.

I think less people would jump into gear and drugs early if they felt they were competing against a similar level of competition.

I don't get why someone using drugs would want to compare themselves to someone who is not. In pro sports, sure I get that. Millions of dollars are on the line. But drugs to win a local meet and some tiny trophy? I do not get that.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote