View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
But how much can a system which is already over taxed really cater for? Not everyone is going to Uni, it's a sad fact but true and in today's economical climate can we afford for students who will ultimately end up in manual labour jobs to spend 3-4 years at university not paying taxes or contributing to the workforce and can they afford to take out expensive loans which will ultimately only leave them behind in terms of experience needed at the job?

I'm not saying that's right, or saying that's a definite possibility but it's far from a simple matter of saying everything is dumbing down. The education system in it's current state, can't respond to all the needs and wants of every child.
I'm not saying people should be going to Uni, just that if they can't even do the basics which are pretty much required for everyday tasks, then some "back to basics" needs to be reintroduced; I'm pretty sure most of us in the older generation would have had no issues with area calculations but these days they end up with "answers" that are so far off the mark, it's downright worrying. That was my point, the Uni thing was just a story I'd heard from a Uni course leader that highlights the problem of people not even being able to apply the most simplistic mathematics to an everyday problem.