Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Personally, I think a lot of countries are encountering issues with their educational set-ups; up here, the Uni course leaders are astounded that people fresh out of secondary school (high school) are incapable fo working out a simplistic area formula either with a click roller thingy (I think you know what I mean but I can't remember what they call it) or with a calculator etc...it's a sad state of affairs. The 3 important areas they should be concentrating on, they've destroyed: writing, reading and arithmetic/mathematics (the two of which, as far as I recall, were never separated when I was at school but apparently these days they can select one or the other and that's just pure mental, IMO).
But how much can a system which is already over taxed really cater for? Not everyone is going to Uni, it's a sad fact but true and in today's economical climate can we afford for students who will ultimately end up in manual labour jobs to spend 3-4 years at university not paying taxes or contributing to the workforce and can they afford to take out expensive loans which will ultimately only leave them behind in terms of experience needed at the job?

I'm not saying that's right, or saying that's a definite possibility but it's far from a simple matter of saying everything is dumbing down. The education system in it's current state, can't respond to all the needs and wants of every child.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links