View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I read, a while back, that study books in the USA (possibly elsewhere as well but the article was US related) were getting heftier to the point that there was so much irrelevant info or info that kids just couldn't digest in the timeframe given which was resulting in less information being learned, instead of selecting info more carefully just throw a whole massive text at kids and expect them to learn it whether any of it is of use or not.

Personally, I think a lot of countries are encountering issues with their educational set-ups; up here, the Uni course leaders are astounded that people fresh out of secondary school (high school) are incapable fo working out a simplistic area formula either with a click roller thingy (I think you know what I mean but I can't remember what they call it) or with a calculator etc...it's a sad state of affairs. The 3 important areas they should be concentrating on, they've destroyed: writing, reading and arithmetic/mathematics (the two of which, as far as I recall, were never separated when I was at school but apparently these days they can select one or the other and that's just pure mental, IMO).