MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

One of the main problems with the American system, and there are many, is that it was originally intended as a way to socialize, indoctrinate, and create a common core of basic knowledge for a multitude of immigrants flooding the country, as well as push the former immigrants to socialize with the newer ones so that everybody could function in the workplace at a basic level. That's why the laws forcing school participation and such anachronisms as the Pledge every morning, etc.

That has changed over the years to try and force everyone into a college track or push the mimimum range to a "higher" level so that Americans could compete worldwide or rubbish like that, all the while paying teachers the minimum and letting urban and suburban schools crumble around them due to lack of money.

Our system is neither smart or efficient and it tries to do too many things at the expense of any specific achievable goals for individuals.

Everything has to be "equal" for everyone. Which of course means it is usefull for no one.

Teachers have a saying about the "no child left behind" law. We call it the every child left behind equally law.

It really is sad. And the idea that non-fiction is more important than fiction is offensive to me.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote