Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Exclamation Work the weak points - My opinion

The key to being strong, undisputed all around STRONG is having very few weak points.

Just because you can move more weight using a technique doesn't qualify as strong point if it done improperly. Narrow, Medium and Wide stances may differ slightly case by case but overall a Squat is a Squat.

As an example for argument's sake you squat 500lbs narrow but switch to sumo and can't even squat 405lbs. That means you aren't just a quad dominant squatter but your using so much lower back and hips that your calves, glutes and hamstrings are underdeveloped and chances are your other lifts are suffering because of it.

Now a lot of this depends on context, not much information was given so I am just giving general examples not sport's specific advice but widely applicable two cents.

For instance these are my stats on squatting:

Back Squat Narrow - 500
Front Squat Narrow & Cross Grip- 405

Back Squat Medium - 525
Front Squat Medium & Cross Grip- 435

Back Squat Wide - 560
Front Squat Wide & Olympic Grip - 445

As you can see I am still in the same range so just as an example the difference should not exceed 100lbs by bro-science with stance.

Warning to the disclaimer :

Take what I right by a grain of salt: these are all my opinions if you don't like them you don't have to follow them or read them but whenever I take time to right advice if you don't agree that is fine but don't expect me to debate your opinion.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote