View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1543
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
My strength has tailed off in recent months and I'm around 10% off PR range in the big 3. The weight loss has had an effect for sure but I'm acutely aware that mentally I'm not near peak either.
I'll be honest, my confidence under very heavy weights has almost gone. I'm hoping to rebuild it in the next couple of months. These sound like excuses and I know this also needs to change.

I am aiming to hit 50 reps in 30 minutes in the deadlift challenge if that counts
If I remember right Kuyt you went on a cut and dumped your calories a lot. This is a cutting no-no. Best to slowly pull back than to drop 1000kcals a day, or whatever your jump was.

I didn't want to stick my nose in your business or goals, but this is a common cutting error.

When you are eating, say, 3000 calories and decide to do a cut, drop things very slowly. Dropping calories and adding a lot of cardio is a recipe for tough times. These things should only be done on a cut when they are needed and the status quu is stuck a bit.

Your strength is down because you cut too aggressively.

Again, I am not trying to pound you about this. Many guys do this. Most don't know there is a better way.

Next time you cut drop only 200 calories for 2 weeks and add no cardio. See how things go. Move slowly down from that point only when you need too. Slowly add a little cardio only when you need to.

And don't wait 2 months. That's a waste of lifting time and results. You are working hard right now. Keep that up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-04-2012 at 10:19 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote