Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Unless there's any particular reason why you're starting conservatively, and frankly the only one I can think of is that you've lost your ballsac, I wouldn't take a few months to hit PR territory. I wouldn't even take a few days, I'd smash a PR next time you get to the gym.

Building up, running in, building momentum etc etc are all bogus. You're not trying to jump a wall, so you don't need momentum. You need to get in the gym and smash.
My strength has tailed off in recent months and I'm around 10% off PR range in the big 3. The weight loss has had an effect for sure but I'm acutely aware that mentally I'm not near peak either.
I'll be honest, my confidence under very heavy weights has almost gone. I'm hoping to rebuild it in the next couple of months. These sound like excuses and I know this also needs to change.

I am aiming to hit 50 reps in 30 minutes in the deadlift challenge if that counts

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote