Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
No worries.

In regards to your routine and motivation, you've done well if we say this is your first *serious* year. I don't think my numbers were much over yours after a year, my deadlift was perhaps a bit higher but that's it. Your form and depth is probably better as well.

Only further advice I'd give at this point is not to sweat the details. You should have 2 or 3 markers of progression. These are the 3 lifts that you always keep an eye on and will determine whether you're progressing or not. As long as those 3 are moving up over time, you're winning. That's what a lot of guys, me included need to bear in mind. The triples, the assistance, the variation, the high volume, the deloads etc are all tools to enable us to lift more in the big 3. At the end of the month, if they're up then it's a win.

Just always keep that in the back of your mind.
Thanks again
I have a patchy history with the iron
I first lifted weights in 2000-2001 I think, dumbbells at home and a crappy bench which was rarely used. Lifted VERY infrequently till 2006 which was college (2005 was the first time I'd ever been in an actual gym.) Lifted in college but with no rhyme or reason and consistently took more steps back than forward. Heck, February-March this year was the first time I ever squatted to depth and 2011 was the first time I ever touched the chest with a bench So yeah, I guess this is my first *serious* year

I'm started conservatively with Steve's program but should hit PR territory in a few months. Just need to ensure 2013 is better than 2012 under the iron

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote