MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Funny you should say that JB. Squats at a meet, I just dread with every fiber of my being. I'm super nervous, say a prayer before every attempt, and just hope to not get squished like a bug.

Bench and Deadlifts, not so much. I'm not stressed about either. Not necessarily more confident, just not worried about whatever happens. I focus and do my best, but I'm not nervous before either lift. Weird.

I am looking forward to the meet though as I really want to hit a much bigger deadlift. Last year was squat focus and that lift went pretty well. This year is more deadlift oriented. Time to get that lift into a respectable range.

Bench is bench. It rises or not as it pleases apparently. Right now it's rolling, but that could disappear in a flash in my limited experience so far.

Thanks fellas! I'll get after it.

Crushed bench day today! JB we're going for 300 this cycle so buckle up!

Tuesday, BBBT week 2

warmups: 3 min rowing, 4x 12x 100 Lat Pulldowns, shoulder stuff

Bench:
3x 8x 200 (BooYeah!!)

OHP, a little english on some reps as I was going all out:
4x 6x 125 (last set was only 5, I was getting light headed)

Incline DB, this was a CF, so enjoy watching that foolishness!:
4x 75DB
4x 8-10x 65DB

Hammers:
2x 15x 25

Lat Pulldown:
4x 12x 140 (held each rep a beat at bottom)

SOme tricep and chest stretches, and more shoulder stuff.

First set 8x 200:
Last set 8x 200:
Third set of 6x 125:
Cluster F*** first Incline DB set:
First set of 65s:
Last set of 65s:

So that was interesting. The DBs were too heavy and awkward ( and I was too tired) to clean them up to my shoulders. The spin locks don't allow you to kip 'em up with your thighs unless you're a masochist. So, that method off the sawhorses "worked", but I'm not sure it was worth it as it was awkward as hell.

Maybe if I have enough 10 lb plates, I could try them that way and make 'em less awkward, but I'd be limited on progression due to lack of plates as I'm sure I don't have more than 12 ten pound plates.

Or maybe I could rig a way to hang them? I'll noodle that and see.

Anyway, good stuff. Bench is rolling along. Squats tomorrow.

JB did I read that right? FOUR Ab exercises tomorrow all for 4x 10? Uh, that's gonna leave a mark!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote