Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #546
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member
Default 12/3/12 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

Started warmup at 8:50, completed session at 9:52. Just right!

WORKING SETS

Front Squats
5 x 95
4 x 5 x 115

Bench Press
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 125
5 x 135
4 x 160 PR
PUMPSETS
10 X 8 X 70

Smith Machine Pendlay Rows - Plate Weight Only
5 x 10 x 50

Glute Ham Raise
3 x 10 x BW

Glass Style OHP - Plate Weight Only
3 x 10 x 40

NOTES
Felt good, really felt like I accomplished something from head to toe. Am still thinking through the volume issue. I will continue to use the pumpsets on my main upper body lifts, for chest, shoulders and back. Started to go 5 x 10 on teh other sets, but did not have it for the GHRs. I am also thinking that a little less shoulder volume on Bench pump day and a little less Bench volume on shoulder day will be helpful to my joint recovery. My #1 goal for 2013 is to go without an injury sideline for the year. That will mean smart training even when a part of me wants to push things, to look like one of the big boys.

Front Squats - Hams to calves. Next time, shoot for 5 x 5 x 115 then up the weight.
Bench - PR. I will keep the weight at 160 until I can get at least 2 sets of 5 at 160. Would love to hit 175 before end of the year.
Smith Pendlays - try to focus on squeeze.
GHR's - I want to to include ham/glute work each session to maintain balance. I am quad dominant and need to maintain balance for the sake of the back. Remember, no injuries in 2013.
Glass OHP - Good finisher for shoulders and arms. Enough volume to work the muscles, not too much to inhibit progress.

Good start. I enjoyed myself.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log

Last edited by bamazav; 12-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote