Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Frequent squatting has worked wonders for me. My main advice is to start slow and low (volume). Get used to the frequency, then start to add volume if you need it. Unless of course you're just going to run a short term specialization program.
I'd second this.

Hit the Squat as many times per week as you can while remaining fresh. So very short/low volume sessions multiple times a week to begin with. An easy way to do that without thinking too much is to just work up to 300 on your first day in. Then every subsequent day work work up to your 'daily max'. On some days you'll feel good, other days you'll feel like crap but hit it anyway. You won't always get close to 300, some days you might get 200, but you be lifting often enough to see progress.

I'd bear in mind this type of thing generally works better with high bar, close stance, fast squats (see a video of Btb squatting) rather than the low bar grindy ones.

If you squat low bar grindy style, then I'd introduce some variation to enable you to squat more often.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote