SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
A few followup questions:

1) How wide is your stance?

2) Nope. That's how she goes. beet face is normal.

Regarding point one, we all have different weaknesses. Lower back weakness is common for many. Some squatters feel squats in their quads the next day, some in their hammies, etc.

Squats are a compound exercise so where you feel them will depend on stance, bodypart strength, etc.

I will say that regardless of where you are feeling them, you should take a video if you can so we can point out any major flaws or areas of concern. Many times new squatters make the same common mistakes that lead to under-taxing the lower back. Things like, elbows flying up in the hole due to lack of focus and back/arm tightness, going too low bar for their body type, rising too much with the hips while not focusing on driving the head and shoulders into the bar.

If you can't get a video online, try and concentrate on these things and that will help relieve the pounding your lower back takes.
My stance is slightly wider than shouder width and I have tried to focus on sitting back first and leading with my head (been watching Rip's videos online ).... My lower back is not hurting per se, just feeling the squats there and in my glutes (mostly glutes) I just wanted to make sure I was not short changing my thighs.

As for video - I cannot do that right now but I plan to post some, ASAP
Thanks!!