I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm editing an article and the author mentioned they gave up all nightshade veggies. Anyone know what possible health issues they were worried about?

I'm not about to give up my peppers and maters, but was curious why someone would.
You don't have to give up your peppers and maters!
Possible health issues would be ...promoting inflammation and lectins. People with underlying health issues (there is a wide range) not just arthritis can be prone to inflammation so it is best they avoid these foods. So maybe the author has underlying health issues or is into a holistic type of protocol perhaps? It is kind of the same theory as gluten, lactose and soy free. It doesn't affect everybody, but the ones that it does affect can have severe side effects and by eliminating those certain foods it can benefit them tremendously.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote