View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I would say if you're completely unconcerned about the amount of fat you carry then you're being somewhat short sighted. It is a concern, whether that's from a health, bodybuilding or powerlifting point of view.

I don't mean to offend by that, but I've heard that a lot and it inevitably comes round to bite people in their ass.
I don't think either myself or leefarley said we weren't "concerned" we just stated that the number or percentage itself is unimportant to us...both of us stated that as long as we looked slim and healthy with lean mass which understandably will mean less bodyfat anyway.

Besides, there are so many numerical formulas out there and not one of them is accurate, not even the most accurate one which still has a set margin concerning its percentage of error. People sometimes get too hung up on the numbers, especially when two calculations give a varying result, boy do people just hate that and they invariably go with the lowest result even if it's more than likely only as accurate as the one they rejected...delusions abound.