View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
DW & Kuyt, Korte's 3x3 routine has a preliminary phase where you do 5-8 sets of 5-6. See here for details:

The 3x3 Program

Anyway Begota,

I would restrict your rest periods between sets during this preliminary phase, move down to around 2 minutes between sets. Remember the intent of this phase, it's a volume-building phase and as such you won't lose out on much of the training effect if you increase the density of the workouts. You can move back to a more relaxed pace when you reach the peaking phase.

Also I don't think you absolutely must stick to an hour for training as a general rule, just take whatever time you need to get the job done. However I do believe you could restrict the rest periods in this phase, as outlined above.

You are dead on Fazc. It is Korte's 3x3. Should have been more specific.

I read your increasing strength thread and your new training log, which gave me the idea to cut rest periods down. I had decreased my rest periods to what I thought were 30 sec rest periods on my deadlifts, and about 45 on the bench. When I got to squats I had put in almost an hour (which tells me I wasn't doing as short of a rest period as I thought.), and I was fairly tired, so my rest periods were fairly long.

I was thinking because it is volume work I shouldn't be too concerned with the length of time, as long as it is reasonable. Looks like I will just add another scoop of pre w/o and cut back even more on rest and just SFW.
begota is offline   Reply With Quote