View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Name one war, declared or undeclared, since the start of the previous century, that you believe was fought to protect the freedom of Americans, and I'll prove that it wasn't whatsoever.
You'll prove it, eh? That's a bold attitude, young man. Historians normally talk about interpretations not proofs. But OK, fair enough if you're talking about the freedom of Americans. I think I just took it as 'freedoms' from your first post (which you edited it whilst I was writing mine).

I think American armed forces have played a significant role in defending freedoms of others. e.g. in the Balkans

But I'm interested in your view on this: post world war two, there was a genuine and pervasive fear of soviet influence, and that was seen as a defence of the USA, and by extension, its freedoms. Are you saying that had no bearing at all on the various conflicts with USSR sponsored governments?

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote