Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I know what you mean, it can be too much for one day. A few way's around this that I've used successfully:

1) Move down to 1 press and 1 pull/squat every session instead so you're only 2 exercises total. This will probably mean you spill over to the next week, but that's no big deal. So:

1: Bench, Squat

2: C&P, Rows,

3: DE Bench, DE Squat

4 (Start of next week): Deadlift, Press

5: Start again...

Just for example, you can arrange the exercises however. You get the idea.

2) Reduce the rest periods down. Often what kills guys isn't the number of sets but the sheer amount of time spent in the gym. 90 minutes of psyching up etc is rough going. Spend 60 minutes where you rest only 1-2 timed minutes between sets suddenly makes a large workload more manageable AND improves your conditioning by leaps and bounds.

This way you can do your original routine, hell you could do more once you've adapted, as long as you keep a strict 1 minute between sets. Sure you'll use less weight initially but you'll still get a very good workout.

For me, training alone, the second is my preferred set up. Training with a partner I prefer set up 1.
I am very appreciative of this. Like you said with rest times,its just using less weight but only for a little while. Definitely giving this thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
If it helps I have been doing Westside 3 days per week for the past 18months. The rotation means some weeks are 2 max effort, some are 2 dynamic so it's like a wave load. I'd prefer to train 4 days but with family and work it just doesn't happen.
Yes yes,that would be good!

Thank you both,I know I rambled on.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote