View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Beginning day one of week three today. Not exactly smashing the weights today. I blame the tequila. I normally never drink, but work has been rough and mentally I needed to cut loose.

I upped the weight and did an extra set today, but it took me an extra half hour to get through this workout. Pretty dehydrated so I ended up drinking 3 liters of water while at the gym, a little too late though to be hydrating for a workout.

I had to fight my head today to do those extra sets. Hardest fight I have ever been in with myself. But you know what? When you think you cannot do anymore, you have to look deep inside to find it. I was deadlifting and was going to stop at set 6, but a 73 year old man came over and talked to me (about how no one ever deadlifts anymore, because they are pansies) and totally inspired me, so I cranked out that 7th set. He was sent from above to kick my butt in gear.

A little long for a journal, but it feels good to write it out. The more I go through this journey, the more I realise that lifting is only a small fraction of getting stronger. Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually you get stronger before you will ever get physically stronger. If you can't fight your demons and beat them back, then you will fall short every time.