Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 11/21/12 dog house training

McCallum Hybrid Training
Leg Day

Working Sets

Leg Extensions
10 x 70
10 x 80
10 x 85

Leg Curls
3 x 10 x 60

Front Squats
10 x 45
10 x 95
10 x 115

GHR
3 x 10 x BW

NOTES
Daughter and family coming in for Thanksgiving around noon and some fires to put out at the church, so my session was cut a little short. I am going to examine my schedule and rethink the morning training as it is seeming to get harder and harder to block that time out without interruptions. It is frustrating to say the least.

Leg Extension - hold at the top a good way to get started
Leg Curls - both the extensions and curls are meant to create a slight pre-exhaustion before the squats. Goal achieved.
Front Squats - started with empty bar to get the feel again. I tried the Oly grip for the 95 pound set. Was not as bad as I had remembered it. I can see that at higher weights it will cause some discomfort. The final set was trying to hit parallel and come back up. Didn't feel right so about rep 5 I just said, " heck with this," and went all the way down the rest of the way. Hams to calves may slow the weight progress down a bit, but they feel much better on my legs.
GHR - each week I get better and better at these. I hope that by shortly after the new year I will not need to push off at the bottom any more.

For an abbreviated session this one was good. Not a pounding, but good.

Everyone have a

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote