View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Lack of desire and/or overvaluing what they are doing.

Consistency is a huge issue. That's obvious answer A. Once in the gym and training consistently the next huge stumbling block is wet noodle training. Limp. No fire. Putting in work. Progression? Eh, sometimes.

Another is majoring in the minors. If I had a dollar for every on point eating plan, supplement plan or lifting plan that was accompanied by no defined progression scheme I would be rich.

You need only to look on this board to see numerous examples of those that "want it". They make amazing progress. Jen, Brute, Al, Tbone, I could go on forever. They gun it first and adjust on the fly.

Too many people try to reverse engineer success. If only I get a precision workout and eating plan, then! No. You have to want it.

Michael Jordan didn't become a great basketball player because he found a good set of drills. Same for Tiger Woods. Sure coaching and proper practice help, but the cornerstone is always drive.

You can't force being in love with the iron. I know those that are, and I know those that aren't. Some are in love with the idea of loving the iron, and live on boards, read the articles, know the lingo, but they have not fallen in love yet.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote