Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I agree that the pre-judging is the sport. I rarely attend night shows. After pre-judging I've had my fill. I would like to see a final pose down after pre-judging, then winners announced. Night could be for fun. Posing and awards or whatever.

I disagree that night shows play any important role in the popularity or lack thereof for the sport.

The sport of bodybuilding is niche. Always will be. Magazines over the years have intertwined the sport with content for the average man who wasn't necessarily seeking the sport. While some of us like the sport, or aspects of the sport, most don't.

They aren't lifting to compete, nor will they likely follow it. Night shows will have no impact. 95% of forum lifters have never seen a show, nor will they ever. (same goes for powerlifting) Night show or not.

My 2 cents.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote