Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I use the Asus Transformer TF300T for all of my dieting and training session logging and note taking. Its the little brother to the TF700T.

It has a detachable/attachable 10.1 screen that can lock/unlock to a keyboard dock, and has a quad-core processor Nvidia Tegra 3 Chipset (with a 5th cpu core of low processes), 1gb of ram, 32 gigs of internal storage, 8 megapixel camera, and converts to a small micro laptop easily. 15 hours of battery life with dock.

Why I picked this over an ipad: It is largely due to the "localized drive memory expansion compared to the limitations of the ipad in this specific area":

1. One microSD on tablet: For expansion up to 128 gigs.
2. One full-size SD: For expansion up to 256 gigs.
3. One USB Port: For windows formatted drives up to 768 gigs, and one can use a mouse, and can use an XBOX controller to play games. Also will recognize thumb drives of up to 64 gigs.

When training I detach the tablet from the keyboard doc, and use it as a tablet to record my sets/reps (etc) during the workout session. When done I reattach the tablet (to put in laptop mode), to do more serious note taking, and remarks, etc. I do not like keyboards with tablets that do NOT attach itself to the tablet face (such as the ipad). And, though their is cloud storage, I like having my data WITH ME and being able to back it up, where I HAVE IT, and do not depend on the internet, and can use the internet for my data if necessary.

Best thing I ever bought, hands down.

Here are some pics of my baby:

I use Office Pro 6 (excel, word) to record my sessions, and diet. And Mobile Noter to make comments on progression, goal status, etc, etc. And, I use Jorte to make my schedule for my diet and training sessions. Mobile Noter will also allow conversion to Microsoft One Note and office pro will convert MS excel, which is what I wanted in the event of failure and I can move to the laptop and use it.

Side by side comparison to my laptop:

Though the pic doesn't do its justice, it is tiny in comparison, and just right. I do web work, IT, work for a living, as well as manage hotel franchises, and local data important, as well as availability where ever I may go, and this just fits.

As far as price: $349 (may find it cheaper), and dock is $120ish. With this you get it cheaper than the Ipad, and much more drive expansion and expansion above what the ipad can offer, in my opinion.

I am very methodical and record just about everything in my diet and training, and have for many years. And, this fits right in with what I need out of it.

Best wishes,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 11-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote