View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thank you for all the positive thoughts fellows! I will do my best to live up to them and I am curious to see where this goes to. We'll see. Yeah BtB, steaks on me if you beat me in uncovering the abzors!

HOWEVER, I have hit a snag right off the bat. I'm going through some serious problems with my teeth and I've been having procedures best left undescribed done over the past week and a half and I am just not really able to lift the way I want to. I can't eat much but soft foods, the jaw pain is giving me headaches, and the antibiotics are making me nauseous, etc. Whining, I know, but it is what it is.

I thought at first I could just live on eggs and protein drinks and once I got started lifting, I'd feel better, but that is not the case. Yesterday's OHP fizzled badly, and I spent 10 minutes staring at my squat rack before bailing on that today too. I just don't feel up to it.

So, my rousing start has fizzled. I'm just going to push everything off and start next week. I had the last procedure done today, I get off the meds Saturday (god willing) and I should be back to eating again by then too.

Just a setback. It was always going to take some time to reach my goals, so now it'll just be one week longer.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 11-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote