DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlilly3 View Post
Hey guys thanks for you support and encouragement the past few weeks. I like this board and as I said I'd come around for sure. I had no idea things would go so well for me at either competition, I really and very thankful.

Lastly someone asked why lifters point their hands out before Deads? I am only speaking for myself, but as I gained weight and size in the stomach I found that more often than not I was breathing into my chest and not into my stomach. Keeping my arms ups allowed me to pull more air in the way I felt was most beneficial for me. Hope this helps.
That was a monster total you got over the weekend. Congrats, Brandon. Oh, and your beard deserves a congratulations too.

I was the one who asked the arms raised question. Thanks for the answer. I think you're different than most because you have a rationale for doing it. I get the impression that the majority of lifters do it because they see other guys do it, not knowing why, just following the herd, like most other aspects of their lives.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote