MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Daniel! I have been reading about CBL and my misgivings are similar to yours. I do not like junk food, well more accurately, I do not like that I actually like junk food way too much!
I also do not like to spend a lot on food or especially supplements. 3+ times a day of whey and creatine would be a hardship for me.
And I love breakfast. I mean I LOVE it.

However, I would like to see my abs at some point in my life, so let me ask you:

If I did the program exactly as Kiefer asks, food and time of day workouts, etc. Could I do it with minimal supplements? And minimal bad foods?

SOmething like:
Breakfast: Coffee, I hate cream, but would suck an avocado if I had to for example.

Lunch: Bacon and eggs with veg, or a salad with tuna, etc.

Pre workout shake: Whey

Afternoon workout: heavy

Then post: whey shake and what? 5 ripe bananas and an apple? Would that be enough to spite insulin? Other? Or do you need cherry turnovers and ice cream like he says?

Dinner of pasta, rice or sweet potato, etc. and normal foods like meat and veg? not pizza and crap?

Before bed: cottage cheese or greek yogurt?

Would that work? Just asking your opinion.

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this. I think his plan is interesting and well thought out and researched, etc., but I have misgivings about actually doing CBL as opposed to say low carb for dummies or simply balanced meals and watching carb and calorie intake.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 11-05-2012 at 12:47 AM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote