View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammjet View Post
My daughter has a tough time with tests. She gets all worked up and just can not take them very well. What are some good study tips that I can give her so she can study better and do better on tests.
Well, since she gets worked-up about taking tests, that would seem to indicate that she may also not sleep well the night before the test, or for several nights prior to the test; so, one very useful piece of advice, aside from learning/revision set-ups and schedules etc, is to inform her that the brain assimilates information overnight...so, getting a good night's sleep helps the brain to memorise what has been learned during the day/s...I never had a bad night's sleep prior to an exam because I would always remind myself of that fact; I did my job with the revision, then I had to let my brain do its job whilst I slept.

That should help her relax a bit, and that may be all that's needed to assist with the tests themselves since if she's relaxed, it will be easier for her to learn, store and recall information.