Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
I know it is easier said then done but you need to hang in there Jim. Nothing is impossible and I do hope that there must be a solution for your joint problem also. The best part is that that your doc knows what exactly the problem is and more than willing to help. If you can do 315 for triples, then you know that problem is not that deeper. You have the capability to overcome this and I know you will. And by no means this will be your last meet.

As far as opener in the meet is concerned, I think your 1st attempt should be the wt. which give you confidence to go heavy. 315-330 would be an ideal wt. You can lift this in your sleep also. However there are more experienced lifter in the forum who can guide you better.

Keep lifting brother and stay healthy ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just remember to drive that bar up with your shoulders out of the hole. You'll make it happen. Confidence plays a huge role in this. Talk yourself into going in there to destroy.

When we get a bit form-locked we overthink things. Relax, trust your form practice, and move iron.

You can do it Jim. You did it last time.
Thanks so much Ravi & Steve. I have time to think about things, and your right, I will go for my 405 squat in Vegas. I am going to do 365 for my opener and then I will have 2 cracks at 405. If all goes well, I could even get a 415. Your comments and today's pre-meet session really boosted my confidence in my squat. Thank you!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote