Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Jim, I firmly believe you should be thinking positive heading into a meet. I think you may not be thinking positive. Understandably considering your eyes, etc.

But, you are stronger than you think. Hit those squats, then those benches, and then deadifts are your best lifts. Just saying, you don't need to be worried about anything except that first squat and you got that one in the bag.

Just do what you have done for weeks and years. Stop worrying about anything. Life is what it is.
Indeed Mike, I should be positive, but your right, I am not right now. I am not handling the issue with my eyes very well. Mrs Squatter is also very concerned, as is my whole family. I am trying to adapt the attitude "why ruin today over what may happen tomorrow"

I also think that some much needed rest will have me feeling better for the meet.

Your advice is golden as well. Thanks for that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong squatting Jim ... Squat depth appear good to me ... I don't see any reason why you can't life 405+ on your 3rd attempt ... great going ...

Strong Benching and DL ... Give your 100% and you will do wonders at meet ... stay healthy ...
Thanks Ravi. At the time, I thought it was plenty deep, and then I watch the vid and notice I leaned and barely made depth. At this point, I would be really happy to repeat my 405 that I got at my first meet in Vegas.

Bench and deads went quite well last night tho.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote