View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #482
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 10/29/2012 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

5 minutes on the bike
Step ups
Plate shoulder rotations
Rotator work
empty bar squats

Working Sets

Leg Curls
3 x 10 x 55
Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 55

Back Squats
10 x 95
8 x 135
5 x 185
5 x 205
3 x 225
DB Pullovers
5 x 10 x 20

Hip Thrusters
5 x 10 x BW+35

Behind the Neck Presses
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 135
5 x 135
5 x 136 PR
10 x 8 x 75

Smith Pendlays
5 x 5 x 75 PWO

DB Inclines
10 x 35
10 x 35
15 x 35

WG Pullups

Nothing happening in our part of the world today, Sandy has shut everything down. Lots of wind and rain. We are pushing 10-12 inches of rain since Saturday. Still, it made a nice day to workout.

Leg Curls/Extensions - all of my leg work for the foreseeable future will include hamstring and quad work, with a lean toward more hamstring work. Didn't want to tire my legs out too much before squatting.
Squats - I was going to just do some higher rep light work, but I felt so good after the first set that I wanted to see what I could do. I have not done any heavier back squats since early June. 5 x 225 is my best set ever and that was over a year ago. These were not that difficult, I got out over my toes and from was breaking down so I racked it. If I had stopped, taken a few breaths and proceeded slowly, I probably could have tied or beaten my previous PR. Still, I was extremely happy.
Hip Thrusters - Starting to get in the groove with these. Goal, to build "a butt."
I had a nice lengthy inversion break at this point and it felt great!
BHNP - slightly wider grip, two fingers wider, lift felt better. I am microlaoding at this point. PR via microload FTW! The Pumpsets were great but wore me out.
Smith Pendlays - Was planning to give Rack Pulls a go, but after the squat success I didn't want to push things too much. Wide grip and pulled to the chest. Really hits the upper back.
DB Incline Bench - quick, light, chest hit. Felt good.
WG Pullups - Doing these pre-exhausted is probably not smart, but they are moving forward slowly.

Good session. Since everything is shut down, I took my time, about an hour and a half. Wednesday, Ham emphasis, Bench Pumps and possible Rack pulls.
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote