MattyBoy
Brawn
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 3 months
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Creatine Monohydrate
MattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributor
Default I can't sleep the night before training days now.

Ever since I decided to compete in a powerlifting meet, next spring, I haven't been able to sleep on the night before training. I'm too excited. I feel exactly like I used to feel, as a kid, on Christmas Eve. I just can't turn off my brain. Saturday it didn't mess me up because I just slept in then went to the gym when I woke up. Today it screwed me. I have to wake up at 3:50 am on workdays. I go train then go right to work from the gym. I finally called my training off, for today at 1 am. I have to drive a lot so I don't like getting less than 5 hrs of sleep.

Has this happened to anyone else? What worked for you? I was thinking of buying an over the counter sleep aid, but I don't know how they affect a person the next day. Is there one that doesn't leave a guy groggy the next day?

BTW- traing will be T-Th-Sat this week