View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
i'm going on a cut and thinking about using the warrior diet has any one else used the warrior diet it seems like something that would suit me.
My main advice is monitor your calories like any other cut, and to consider adding 2-3 whey isolate shakes (water only) and/or BCAAs during the underfeeding window. Ori Hofmekler, the author of the WD, recommended something like this to anyone interested in maximum mass retention while cutting.

Wesley Silveira, an author and someone I consider to be an reputable source, has used a fasting protocol with many folks he trained, has seen success with BCAAs alone. How you use BCAAs would depend on when you train relative to when you break the fast.

I have used Ori's variation on fasting for over 5 years now. As long as I keep some protein in the underfeeding window I have no issues with mass loss. I spent 6 months in 2009-2010 cutting using this protocol and it worked well. Before that I cut on fasting in 2007 but the weight loss was too rapid.

That's another thing you need to be careful of, and the reason I recommend monitoring calories.

It certainly will work for some folks without BCAAs or morning protein. Wesley Silveria noted this in his book. With that said, it's a simple safeguard, and in my opinion, a wise one if muscle retention is a the primary goal.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-27-2012 at 08:10 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote