View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Arabs don't enter in to this for me, but its awfully nice of you to put words in my mouth.. I'm not afraid of them. I'm not biased against them. Again, why are you putting words in my mouth?
Nobody's putting words in your mouth. But when you jump into a discussion and make a blanket statement, you must be prepared to receive counter examples from the discussions that has already been taking place.

Quote:
Example from my own life. I'm from the south. Not deep south, but that doesn't stop people from calling me a red neck. How is this less demeaning than other slurs. I also realize that there is only one thing I can do to keep from being discriminated against in the workplace because who wants to hire some yokel with a thick accent.
I am sorry you have had to go through all of this. Discrimination is absolutely disgusting. I have faced discrimination a few of times myself because of skin color. While you can change your accent and clothes to avoid discrimination, I don't have the luxury of changing my skin color, nor would I want to in order to appease a few jerks in the society. However, I do understand what you had to go through and why you tool the steps you took in order to avoid this nuisance, and I appreciate it.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, and not all people identify with the stereotype.
Glad that you get the point I was trying to make.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 10-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote