The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Yeah! As if all Arabs "glorify" suicide bombing in their culture (ref to the image posted by Hazz).

I agree with you in the respect that banning halloween is ridiculous. But that statement of yours quoted above is just as moronic.

The reason Halloween should not be banned is simple - its part of the American culture and in my opinion, Americans have every right to observe their culture. It is stupid to suggest otherwise.

You cannot hold an entire culture hostage to idiotic/racist acts of a few. Just as you cannot hold the entire Arab world responsible for the acts of a few.
Maybe it doesn't apply to Arabs, but that also wasn't the only picture or example. I don't disagree with you, and not all people identify with the stereotype.

I think I also just got called a yank derogatorily.

Example from my own life. I'm from the south. Not deep south, but that doesn't stop people from calling me a red neck. How is this less demeaning than other slurs. I also realize that there is only one thing I can do to keep from being discriminated against in the workplace because who wants to hire some yokel with a thick accent.

I lost the accent, dressed professionally, and worked my ass off. If I can do it, so can the kids wearing baggy clothes and chains. Arabs don't enter in to this for me, but its awfully nice of you to put words in my mouth.. I'm not afraid of them. I'm not biased against them. Again, why are you putting words in my mouth?

Rambling again, but here's why we yanks get pissed off. We like our freedom. We don't like it when the government steps down from on high and tells us we can't do something because someone is offended. Piss Christ vs having a team named after a local native tribe. You can be offended by one, but not the other.