Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Welcome to MAB..

I Don't know much about Westside, but I do know deloading sucks, but it is also very helpful. There's a good reason it's integrated into various programs like 5/3/1. I generaly go 3-4 weeks, then do a partial deload by lowering the weights and upping the reps a bit. I focus more on form during that week to keep myself in check with what I'm doing, and also to evaluate how well I accomplish each lift.

The deload sucks because it feels like a wasted workout. And you won't notice a difference right away either; so deloading once or twice won't convince you it's the right thing to do. The only way to know for sure is to try it, and give it a few months at least. Take notes on how you perform now, and in the past, then forget about the notes; put them aside and become a deloader. After say, 4-6 months, take new notes and compare. If you see better progress on one method, you'll know where you need to go.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote