Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Culture, in the eyes of most governments is a one-way street, you must protect others from your own national and cultural traditions at all cost so as not to offend but at the same time you must accept all other nations' cultural differences so as not to offend and what occurs as a result is that every national living in the country gets wound up, with good reason, because they are being "held back" at the expense of incoming cultures which are permitted freedom to thrive, which then results in racism which has been caused by the government of that nation and not by the people themselves.
I couldn't agree more.

First, the article says this is a preventative measure. As in, no one has been offended....yet. But, the school system is sure that someone will eventually be offended. And that person will probably sue and cost the school a small fortune in legal fees, whether they win or not. This is a pure fear-based proactive measure by the school. Yet another example of how ridiculous the PC movement is and yet another failure of our legal system.

Second, I guess I don't understand how this would offend someone from another culture. I'm not aware of a culture that finds children dressing up in costumes to be offensive. Does such a culture exist? Wait...I've got it! Yes, it would offend poeple from cultures like: Witch, Monster, SpongeBob, Ninja, Harry-Potter, Star Wars, and all Fireman, Policeman, and Military Americans.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote