Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good thoughts Al, thanks.

I'll still work in 3 week cycles, generally that works out to 2 heavy weeks and a lighter week. I think dependant on which type of sets/reps scheme I choose I'll either plan for all three weeks (WSB DE style) or just plan for the two weeks like I used to do and take the final week as a light deload (2 weeks heavy, 1 week light).

WSB style is probably more stressful as the same lifts are used and intensity is relatively high throughout the three weeks. I could get away with it previously because I was only training each bodypart twice a week, and there was such frequent switching of max and assistance exercises.

The other method is probably more stressful, this is what I was doing prior to WSB for the bulk of the year. Frequent training, heavy volume and intensity, basically going balls to the wall for 2 weeks followed by a light week, my 'classic' way of training.

I know I want to go for a more frequent schedule and ideally I would like to forego the traditional deload in favour of something heavier. So I just need to find a way to accommodate that. A happy medium would be to use the more stressful frequent training but just rotate the lifts like a maniac across the 2-3 weeks. That is sort of what I was aiming at with one of the reps/sets examples.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote